Will neurontin take away opiate withdrawl? Also will it help with my back pain?

It depends on what type of pain you are experiencing. If it's neurogenic pain it should help. I don't believe it will take away an opiate withdrawal though. Suboxone is sometimes prescribe for patients to prevent them from having withdrawal from opiates. Hope this helps and good luck.

I was on neurontin and the awnser is no I had also been on lortabs and percocet at the same time when I ran out of my medicine the neurontin would help me sleep a little but nope I have just recently figured out after 10 yrs plus that I had a problem I did an intake at the methadone clinic and now have no withdraws at all kinda like suboxone but its methadone I didnt get high at all off the methadone but as soon as I hit the door to the clinic ALL OF MY symptoms of withdraws were gone and for the first time in well since I can remember I felt normal kida scary but it helps I would recommend that if your having bad withdraws for an opiod based medicine it has saved my life

YES it is a miracle... helped me TREMENDOUSLY I am opiate free! I was taking about 60mg of percocet daily for a few months... now I'm on 600 mg of neurontin and been opiate free for two weeks without ONE symptom of withdrawal. HIGHLY recommended for a short time... about 45 days till your body is totally rid of the drug and your natural endorphins are naturally produced again. I plan on weaning slowly after 45 days from the neurontin... exercise is amazing for recovery... it's hard to get started but you just have to do it.