Will methadone and morphine show up the same on a drug test?

No. The metabolites are different. Assays for methadone are specific and detect the parent compound because about a third of the drug is excreted unchanged and shows as methadone and its metabolite (2-ethylene-1,5-dimethyl-3,3-diphenylpyrrolidine). Morphine's metabolites are different. Morphine is further metabolized to 2 main substances, 3-morphine-glucuronide and 6-morphine-glucuronide. In a standard test the morphine would probably show but the methadone would need to be tested for specifically so it may not show. It depends on the test that they use and whether they specifically test for methadone but they do not come up the same on any test.