Will levothyroxine give you heart burn?

Although hearrtburn is not a known/stated side effect of levothyroxine I know of two people taking it who suffer from GERD symptoms. I personally think that levothyroxine may be the cause of their heartburn.

http://www.drugs.com/sfx/levothyroxine-side-effects.html

caringsonbj 17 Feb 2011

I have had at least 3 people who are friends who take this and the one thing that I have heard from all of them is about heartburn I have checked on 2 site listings and even though this does not appear to be noted a its side effect I am wondering if this does not cause GERD like symptoms in whom are sensitive or pron to this, discuss this with the doctor the next time you go in for a visit, if this continues to get worse you might give the office a call and just let them know if your next appointment is a good way off
take care and best wishes,

Linda214940 6 Aug 2013

I have had heartburn for years also taken levothyroxie, my dr. put me on Nexium told take every day. take a another med
to solve the problem, what will be the side effect of taking Nexium every day? Proablly a side effect Levothyrxine does not want you to know about, I am going to change medication or doctor!!!