Will I have any side effects from eating Grape fruits with Lisinopril?

yes, for some reason grapfruit afects all medicine; it enhaces the strenght of the medicines in most cases, it does that to me anyway and this is what the dr. told me. Also things like galvascon and things taken for indigestion she said blocks any medicines strength IF taken within 2 hr. of each other.

Grapefruit only interact with medicines that are metabolized a certain way, including the statins used in the treatment of high cholesterol, calcium channel blockers, benzodiazepines and others.

Lisinopril is an angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitor and is not in one of the drug classes affected by the grapefruit interaction.

You are okay to eat grapefruit and drink grapefruit juice while you are taking lisinopril.

http://www.drugs.com/lisinopril.html

grape fruits act as enzyme inhibitor it inhibit the metabolism of lisinopril and this lead to increase the concenteration of it in the blood and may lead to increase the risk of lisinopril side effect like dry cough ,angio edema,hyperkalemia and renal faliure