Will hydromorphone assist with pain relief from arthritis, specifically in the hip?

Hey rick,

Hydromorphone (Dilaudid) should help with pain from arthritis anywhere in the body. It is a pain reliever for moderate to severe pain.

Laurie

Anonymous

I really hate to see anyone get on a narcotic for arthritis pain unless you have exhausted all other avenues of pain relief. Can you take NSAIDS?Celebrex really helps arthritis pain as well as mobic, excedrin, & so on. If you have tried all of these, I would start at something little less strong to begin with. Talk to your doctor about this. Just my thoughts...