Will hydromorphone assist with pain relief from arthritis, specifically in the hip?

Anonymous

I really hate to see anyone get on a narcotic for arthritis pain unless you have exhausted all other avenues of pain relief. Can you take NSAIDS?Celebrex really helps arthritis pain as well as mobic, excedrin, & so on. If you have tried all of these, I would start at something little less strong to begin with. Talk to your doctor about this. Just my thoughts...

Hey rick,

Hydromorphone (Dilaudid) should help with pain from arthritis anywhere in the body. It is a pain reliever for moderate to severe pain.

Laurie