Will gabapentin show up in a urine drug screen that is sent to lab?also will oxycotin show oxycodon?

it definitely depends on the type of testing they are doing. There are tests that can break each inidividual type of benzo and opiate. oxycontin shows as oxycodone just like percocet shows as oxycodone. I am not sure about the gabapentin though.

sfarley1965 7 Jan 2013

I was perscribed oxycotin and oxycodone they will test back the same oxymophone, you are safe

Gabapentin is not a controlled drug so they probably wont test for it on most drug screens. OxyContin will show up as oxycodone. Oxycodone is semisynthetic and has to be tested for specifically. Some standard drug screens for employment do not specifically test for oxycodone. They test for opiates like morphine and codeine. So it depends on who is testing you and what kind of test they use, whether they run one specific to oxycodone. The metabolite is thebaine they test for , I believe. I do know that all drug screens do not test specifically for it. If it is a legal type of screen, for a transportation job (driving a company vehicle or DOT) or for a pain clinic, you can bet they will test for oxycodone in those cases.

there is no known test in use @ THIS TIME FOR GABAPENTIN. -7 THE OTHER ANSWERER WAS WRONG--OXYCODONE SHOWS UP AS IT SELF OR ONCE IT HAS MATABOLISIED IN THE BODY AS: HYDROMORPHONE

krenee38 19 Nov 2012

Thanks for the advice about gabapenten/drug test.my psychiatrist has me on it and my pcp does random urine drug screens to make sure meds he prescribes are in my system (which they are) it's just I have never mentioned to pcp about my psychiatrist. I feel that's personal ... thanks