16 Nov 2010
Flagyl is an antibiotic used to treat a variety of different infections. Regular (short-acting) Flagyl capsules and tablets are approved to treat the following:
* Trichomoniasis (a sexually transmitted infection caused by a parasite)
* Certain infections, such as amebic dysentery or amebic liver abscess, caused by ameba (a certain type of parasite)
* Various infections caused by anaerobic bacteria (bacteria that do not need oxygen to survive), including infections of the:
Abdomen; Skin; Blood; Bones or joints; Female reproductive tract; Central nervous system, including the brain - Lungs; Heart.
For bladder infections it is recommended to seek medical advice, take care & be well.
- Flagyl Information for Consumers
- Flagyl Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Flagyl (detailed)
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
I began taking Phentermine four weeks ago and have developed a bladder infection. Could the Phentermine have caused the infection, as I have not had ...
The bladder infection is accompanied with intense itching inside of my vaginal walls. The doctor said it was probably yeast. She prescribed me ...