16 Nov 2010
Flagyl is an antibiotic used to treat a variety of different infections. Regular (short-acting) Flagyl capsules and tablets are approved to treat the following:
* Trichomoniasis (a sexually transmitted infection caused by a parasite)
* Certain infections, such as amebic dysentery or amebic liver abscess, caused by ameba (a certain type of parasite)
* Various infections caused by anaerobic bacteria (bacteria that do not need oxygen to survive), including infections of the:
Abdomen; Skin; Blood; Bones or joints; Female reproductive tract; Central nervous system, including the brain - Lungs; Heart.
For bladder infections it is recommended to seek medical advice, take care & be well.
- Flagyl Information for Consumers
- Flagyl Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Flagyl (detailed)
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
2 answers • 5 Apr 2010
Three bladder infection in the 7 months on spiriva along with voice changes. It is begining to really bother me. My breathing is better but I can not ...
1 answer • 27 Apr 2011
The bladder infection is accompanied with intense itching inside of my vaginal walls. The doctor said it was probably yeast. She prescribed me ...
4 answers • 17 Mar 2013
1 answer • 20 Apr 2013
... took my last dose of cipro and I am still having some pain in my bladder. Does this mean that it is not gone? I have been in pain for about 2 ...
2 answers • 1 May 2013