Why would prevacid help acid reflux, when omeprazole won't help?

i do not know if this will help you but i have a friend that is on omeprazole and it works wonders for him. He swears by it. The only thing he hates about it is that it takes 2-3 days to kick in for him. So if he forgets to take it or he doesn't get any b4 he runs out he lives in pain for 2-3 days again until it kicks in. Are you saying that it doesn't work for you or are you saying that it doesn't work for anyone? I personally was on prevacid and it worked minimally for me. The best drug that worked for me was nexium, but the cost of that was a little high.

mcgran 10 Feb 2010

The omeprazole just doesn't work for me as well as prevacid does. Thank you for your answer.