Why on earth is Abilify so exspensive?

They don't make a generic form for it just yet so the drug company makes it expensive. You may go to this link and see if they can help you get it cheaper. http://www.bms.com/products/Pages/programs.aspx If not you may want to ask your doctor to recommend something else to replace it due to finances. Although this is a good med to try it really did make me feel normal really quickly.

Its a monopoly med as the patent expires on April 2015, no generics are available, & depression is on the rise, perhaps the most prescribed drug, could be the reasons of it being expensive.

Abilify (aripiprazole) is a prescription medication that is used to treat schizophrenia and bipolar disorder. It is also approved to be used along with antidepressants for the treatment of major depression (this is known as "augmentation"). Recently, Abilify has also been approved for treating irritability associated with autism.