Why is the brand name for buspar not being made anymore?

BuSpar is made by: Bristol-Myers Squibb Company. Princeton, NJ 08543 USA

Generic BuSpar is made made by the following companies: Actavis Towata; Ethex Corporation; Ivax Pharmaceuticals; Major Pharmaceuticals;
Mylan Pharmaceuticals; Par Pharmaceutical; Ranbaxy Pharmaceuticals; Teva Pharmaceuticals; UDL Laboratories; Watson Pharmaceuticals.

However please double check with the pharmacist/doc who prescribed the med., hope the info helps?

fuzyfoot 15 Dec 2010

You say Buspar is made by Bristol Myers Company. If they are still making it, why can't I get it from any Pharmacy and their Drug Distributors are saying that Name Brand Buspar is not available for them to order. Is Bristol Myers still making any dosage of Buspar and if so, how does someone who has been on it for 15 years obtain it now? This is really a difficult situation as I am going to have to use the Generic version and it does not work nearly as well as name brand does. I really need some sound advise asap.

Rajive Goel 15 Dec 2010

Generic BuSpar is made by the following companies:

Actavis Towata; Ethex Corporation; Ivax Pharmaceuticals; Major Pharmaceuticals; Mylan Pharmaceuticals; Par Pharmaceutical; Ranbaxy Pharmaceuticals; Teva Pharmaceuticals; UDL Laboratories; Watson Pharmaceuticals.

You could get the meds from any of the above manufacturer.