Why does lipitor cause weight gain?

Weight gain is a rare side effect of Lipitor (atorvastatin calcium), occurring in less than 2 percent of people taking the drug. Because weight gain with Lipitor occurs so infrequently, it is difficult to know whether the weight gain is caused by Lipitor or another factor.

If you are noticing a weight gain with Lipitor, talk to your healthcare provider. He or she can give you other suggestions for dealing with any weight gain. If the weight gain continues, he or she may recommend adjusting the Lipitor dosage or switching to another cholesterol medication.

http://www.drugs.com/lipitor.html