Why does Claravis cost so much?

Generally the company/manufacturers try to recoup some money they spent on research and development.

Claravis (isotretinoin) is a form of vitamin A. It reduces the amount of oil released by oil glands in your skin, and helps your skin renew itself more quickly.

Isotretinoin is used to treat severe nodular acne that has not responded to other treatments, including antibiotics.

I suffer the same problems as you (only with pain medication) sometimes if a drug is under patent then it has no generic and that can have an effect but Marvell is right it does cost to research and put these drugs through tests and for a long time so I am afraid we pay and I mean pay. I wish you only the very best