Why can't you take Alegra with Apple, Orange or Grapefruit juice?

Taking Allegra with fruit juice can decrease the amount of Allegra absorbed into your body, possibly making it less effective. Allegra should not be taken with fruit juice.

Read more:,allegra.html

Take care.-

Hey HerEntrprs,

As Maso said fruit juice can affect the bioavailability and exposure of the medication. The juice affects the pH (acidity) of the gastrointestinal tract which in turn affects the absorption of the medication, I guess is the easiest way to explain it.

HerEntrprs 8 Apr 2011

Thank you Laurie and Maso for responding. I now have a clear understanding of why. Have a great day.