Food lists w/tyramine are not consistent. Is there a definitive list?
10 Jan 2010
Foods with high concentrations of tyramine:
• Aged cheese
• Aged or cured meats (e.g., air-dried sausage)
• Any potentially spoiled meat, poultry, or fish
• Broad (fava) bean pods
• Marmite concentrated yeast extract
• Soy sauce and soy bean condiments
• Tap beer
I hope this helps. Good luck to you!
- Azilect Information for Consumers
- Azilect Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Azilect (detailed)
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
FDA Approves Newly Revised Prescribing Information for AZILECT (Rasagiline Tablets) Reducing Certai?
Azilect's prescribing information has been updated to remove the tyramine restrictions.
1 answer • 14 Dec 2009
I have read about the Tyramine Amino Acid complications and your diet. The various websites are so conflicting as to what foods to eat and the ones ...
1 answer • 13 Sep 2012
Should I avoid things like: cheese, icecream, other dairy foods, or any other foods, while I am taking Amoxicillin?
1 answer • 19 Dec 2013
I wish to know because I am unsure if acidic foods like fruits or grapes will effect it . and if certain drinks like soda are to be avoided , I know ...
2 answers • 18 Sep 2014
I've been taking it for about a week now and I remember reading something about avoiding grapefruit, but I can't find that reference again, ...
1 answer • 28 Nov 2014