which is least harmful if I drink alcohol and take - Lovastatin or Pravastatin?

There are no known interactions between alcohol and lovastatin, or alcohol and pravastatin. So either can be taken with alcohol, which ideally is taken in moderation.

However, it does not mean that no interactions exist. If you do experience any bothersome symptoms please see your doctor.

http://www.drugs.com/drug_interactions.php

owt44 9 Jun 2011

just what is the best cholesterol levels or number for someone over 65. doctors evidently don't know or have lockjaw when it comes to answering questions by people they claim to serve. i don't know of any nurses who know either

Marvell 10 Jun 2011

Please see the link below for general guideline about recommended choleesterol levels. Hope you find this helpful.

http://www.drugs.com/cholesterol-testing.html

In terms of doctors keeping a tight lip ... that is awful because these levels (guidelines) are pretty standard and shouldn't be hard for them to answer questions about. If they know that the levels are out then things should be done to try to keep them within the guidelines to reduce cardiovascular risk.

All the best.