When you finish your avelox prescription, how long before it is how of your system.
8 Mar 2010
Avelox has a half life of around 12 hours.
This means that every 12 hours, half of the previous amount of Avelox in the body disappears.
Other factors also play a role in eliminating a drug from your system.
1. How much and how often you have taken the drug.
2. Your metabolic rate – a slower metabolism will increase the time a drug remains in your system.
3. Your age and health – older age and poor health will generally increase the time the drug stays in your system.
4. Body mass – generally the bigger you are the longer a drug will remain in your system.
It takes roughly 6 half lives for a drug to be eliminated from your system.
This is a long half life and you may have to wait around 3 days for the medicine to get out of your system.
- Avelox Information for Consumers
- Avelox Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Avelox (detailed)
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
As the one women said her husband had to call the ambulance. One mention long mental effects, many couldn't sleep.
1 answer • 9 Dec 2010
... or has something else happened?
2 answers • 9 Apr 2011
... stoool is red.
1 answer • 8 Jan 2013
The pharmacist did not consult me my medications.
1 answer • 5 Jan 2014
I've been on avelox before, and was on it to treat an ulcer, but started to have some pain w/out a reason in my Achilles (and then switched to ...
1 answer • 17 Jul 2014