When you finish your avelox prescription, how long before it is how of your system.
8 Mar 2010
Avelox has a half life of around 12 hours.
This means that every 12 hours, half of the previous amount of Avelox in the body disappears.
Other factors also play a role in eliminating a drug from your system.
1. How much and how often you have taken the drug.
2. Your metabolic rate – a slower metabolism will increase the time a drug remains in your system.
3. Your age and health – older age and poor health will generally increase the time the drug stays in your system.
4. Body mass – generally the bigger you are the longer a drug will remain in your system.
It takes roughly 6 half lives for a drug to be eliminated from your system.
This is a long half life and you may have to wait around 3 days for the medicine to get out of your system.
- Avelox Information for Consumers
- Avelox Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Avelox (detailed)
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
As the one women said her husband had to call the ambulance. One mention long mental effects, many couldn't sleep.
1 answer • 9 Dec 2010
... or has something else happened?
2 answers • 9 Apr 2011
Also my stomach is swollen. i took avelox for a sinus infection never again.
1 answer • 21 Jul 2012
The pharmacist did not consult me my medications.
1 answer • 5 Jan 2014