When you finish your avelox prescription, how long before it is how of your system.
8 Mar 2010
Avelox has a half life of around 12 hours.
This means that every 12 hours, half of the previous amount of Avelox in the body disappears.
Other factors also play a role in eliminating a drug from your system.
1. How much and how often you have taken the drug.
2. Your metabolic rate – a slower metabolism will increase the time a drug remains in your system.
3. Your age and health – older age and poor health will generally increase the time the drug stays in your system.
4. Body mass – generally the bigger you are the longer a drug will remain in your system.
It takes roughly 6 half lives for a drug to be eliminated from your system.
This is a long half life and you may have to wait around 3 days for the medicine to get out of your system.
- Avelox Information for Consumers
- Avelox Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Avelox (detailed)
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
... that? now i am having pain in the arch of my foot? could that be related? should i stop the oral steroid, and avelox?
7 answers • 25 Sep 2009
very concerned I have taken avelox in the past, now having problems
1 answer • 31 Mar 2011
... stoool is red.
1 answer • 8 Jan 2013