When will generic cozaar be out?

The patent for Cozaar doesn't expire until March 2014, so there won't be any generics out before then. Patent expiry dates can sometimes be extended as well.

lesliej1720 2 Feb 2010

thanks

A generic version of Cozaar is now available. It is called Losartan and is manufactured by Teva.

In April 2010 Teva Pharmaceuticals was awarded with 180 days to exclusively market their generic version of losartan (without any competition) in exchange for successfully challenging a Cozaar patent. After that exclusivity period generic losartan will be available from several other manufacturers as well.

Cozaar is used to treat high blood pressure. It is also used in certain patients to decrease the risk of stroke and in certain patients to treat kidney problems caused by diabetes (diabetic nephropathy)

Generic Cozaar tablets are available in the following strengths:
Losartan 25 mg
Losartan 50 mg
Losartan 100 mg.

Is Losartan as good as Cozaar?