Flomax Generic - Is it available?

It appears that the patent for Flomax has been extended until April 27, 2010. So there might a generic available after that, provided another extension isn't granted for the patent expiry.

A generic for Flomax is now available. It only comes in one strength though - tamsulosin 0.4 mg.

Generic Flomax is made by a number of manufacturers including:
- Actavis
- Global Pharmaceuticals
- Mylan Pharmaceuticals
- Sandoz
- Teva Pharmaceuticals
- UDL Laboratories

nz_man 28 Oct 2011

They should make it in a lower dosage. For me, 0.4 mg caused terrible side effects. I now take a third of the capsule contents per day: 0.133 mg and this amount returns bladder control to normal, with very minimal side effects.