When u have tardive dystonia does anyone take pain meds?

Anonymous

Many sufferers have continuous pain, cramping and relentless muscle spasms due to involuntary muscle movements.

Hey kevinmishel,

Generally the treatments for dystonia focus on the relaxation of the muscles rather than just focusing on the symptom such as pain caused by the muscle spasms. Different medications are tried in an effort to find a combination that is effective for a specific person. Not all people will respond well to the same medications. Medications that have had positive results in some include: diphenhydramine, benzatropine, anti-Parkinsons agents ( such as trihexyphenidyl), and muscle relaxers (such as diazepam).

Tardive dystonia is drug induced. Are you still taking the inducing agent? Is your dystonia from a particular medication? Are you in a lot of pain?

We are here to support you anyway we can,

Laurie

snooki2011 11 May 2011

Or Robaxin 500@2*day is what I take as a muscle relaxer. Also soma they don't knock me out but they sure do relax those muscles and nerves quiet nicely and don't impair u from doing ne thing or I will say they never have me. So hope that helps u some .

Lauralee

kevinmishel 11 May 2011

no it happened from compazine when i went to hospital for abdominal pain .instead it was a 2 yr blood bubble from my period pressing on uterus ouch!istaed of doing ultrasound 1 min later i got shot wiith compazine and hydromorphone at same time then downhill to black hole alll the whey now im left w dystonia all over yes it hurts im only on cymbalta and xanex and go to work everyday try to focus and not ocd its so hard..i just wondered if i should take a pain med i used to take oxycode for my back now forget the back its all over.