When should my son begin Rocaltrol. He has mild to moderate CRF. His PTH level is high. His calcium?

Predialysis Patients
Rocaltrol is indicated in the management of secondary hyperparathyroidism and resultant metabolic bone disease in patients with moderate to severe chronic renal failure (Ccr 15 to 55 mL/min) not yet on dialysis. In children, the creatinine clearance value must be corrected for a surface area of 1.73 square meters. A serum iPTH level of ≥ 100 pg/mL is strongly suggestive of secondary hyperparathyroidism
See: http://www.drugs.com/pro/rocaltrol.html for more information