26 Jun 2010
Prevacid comes in a capsule or an orally disintegrating tablet that should be taken before eating.
* Your Prevacid dosage should not be split, chewed, or crushed.
* If you have trouble swallowing the capsule, you may open a Prevacid capsule onto a small amount of applesauce, orange juice, or tomato juice. Mix briefly and swallow immediately.
* The orally disintegrating tablets (SoluTabs) can be dissolved on the tongue (not chewed) or may be dissolved in a small amount of water (ask your healthcare provider for more information about doing this). It is not recommended that the SoluTabs be broken or cut to make a smaller dosage.
* The medication should be taken at the same time each day to maintain an even level in your system.
Hope the info helps?
- Prevacid Information for Consumers
- Prevacid Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Prevacid (detailed)
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
please let me know the best way to have the other pills because I try beforre with other medication I have a very strong reaction and I had to stop ...
I have donated eggs three times to infertile couples with both ovary overproducing plenty of eggs. This is my fourth time donating. I am 28 years ...
This is my 4th day of taking 30mg once per day of Prevacid. I have developed dry throat, periodic stomach pain and diarrhea. Can this be from the ...