When Nuvaring has been removed to start your period are you still covered to prevent pregnancy?

Yes, once you have the ring in for 3 weeks and you are covered during the ring free days (7 days). But you'll need to reinsert another ring in exactly 7 days.

Please see detailed information below.

How should I use NuvaRing?

Use NuvaRing exactly as it was prescribed for you. Do not use the medication in larger amounts, or use it for longer than recommended by your doctor. Follow the directions on your prescription label.

NuvaRing comes with patient instructions for safe and effective use. Follow these directions carefully. Ask your doctor or pharmacist if you have any questions.

Your doctor will tell which day of your menstrual cycle to insert the first vaginal ring you use. During the first 7 days of using your first vaginal ring, you may need to use back-up birth control, such as condoms or a spermicide. Follow your doctor's instructions.