What's the difference between Lexapro and Zoloft?

Anonymous

They are both SSRIs anti depressants, lexapro is used for anxiety and depression in adults and teenagers age 12 up.-

Zoloft treats (OCD) obsessive compulsive disorder, panic disorder, anxiety disorders, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), and premenstrual dysphoric disorder (PMDD).

SSRIs can cause chemical unbalances which can cause what they can treat,
to me it is a a paradox.-

Take care---

I have been taking Zoloft for several months and my husband recently started Lexapro. This difference is I am alive and he isn't.

Anonymous 23 Aug 2010

I am so very sorry and touched at the same time by your loss.

I read your answer and I can tell by the way you write, you are a very good natured person an aslo an amazing human being.-

And the paradox is that these medications can cause what they are supposed to treat.-

All the best and take good care of yourself.

Andres.-