What's better for neuralgia? Baclofen or Soma?

Hi: I have never taken Baclofen, so I can not speak to it. However, I have been on Soma (generic) since 2006, and it has been a miracle drug for me!
I have cervical stenosis and chronic neck and shoulder pain. I can not even lie down in bed at night, as I can't put any pressure on the back of my neck!
I go to a Chiro at least once a week, but he tells me that my ligaments just won't hold my discs in place--therefore, I can not 'hold' an adjustment!

gamrgirl48 2 Mar 2011

Thank you so much for replying to my question, your answer was very helpful, and you seem very knowledgable. I also have very bad leg cramps at night, and took baclofen for that and it seemed to help that, only took for 30 days, My Dr. says they're very similar so I don't guess I'll be able to take both.So far the leg cramps have'nt come back since I started taking the Soma, so hopefully I've found something that seems to be working for both. wish me luck:))

madhattersbash 2 Mar 2011

If the leg cramps do return, you might try taking Magnesium before you go to bed. My doctor says 200-400 mg. to start. ***Be careful, as it can cause diarrhea.
Glad the Soma is working for you!