Whate the side effect of topiramate?

Anonymous

Topiramate

All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome when using Topiramate:

Constipation; decreased sweating; diarrhea; dizziness; drowsiness; dry mouth; flu-like symptoms; headache; loss of appetite; nausea; nervousness; numbness or tingling of the skin; runny nose; sore throat; stomach pain or upset; taste changes; tiredness; trouble sleeping; weight loss.

Anonymous

Maso is a pharmacist or a pharmacology professor I
think... anyway ... topiramate, aka... Topamax is an anti-epileptic, and a migraine prophylaxis. Also it is used in psychiatry for a mood stabilizer... I tried it and was really allergic to it. Also, topiramate is a relativey old medication and there are many more newer drugs now in use.
Just my personal experience with this particular med.
The Itchy Scratchy Wiggly Hippie,
Laura