what would happen if a person swallowed insulin?

Nothing would have as it would be broken down in your stomach. That is why it is given by injection.

janet134 5 Aug 2009

thank you.that is what I thought but wanted to make sure.

What could happen if I took my dose of insulin an hour earlier than prescribed?

I am suppose to take my insulin at 8am and 5pm, but what if I got the time messed up and took the 5pm dose at 4pm?

What happen if insulin is given to a nondiabtic ?

some quake are giving it

Insulin - How dose Levemir flex pen work ?

Dose it let out insulin all day long weather you need it or not? or only when your body needs it. How do you prevent low blood sugar from happen ?

Accidentally left insulin @ someone's house can I increase my glipizide to make up for no insulin?

Take 3 5mg twice a day. Insulin once @ bedtime. Can higher glipizide dose take place of insulin just this once tonight?

1. Which cells have to show in the body in order to determine diabetes ? 2. Are there?

... certain cells produced in the body that determine the type of diabetes a person has ? 3. How can diabetes be prevented besides taking insulin ...