What to do if you get an allergic reaction to benzoyl peroxide?

Anonymous

Ya call the dr and he/she will ask you to come in so they can see the allergic reaction and you will be given an rx to stop the reaction. They gave me a steroid cream, and it worked.

Anonymous 26 Sep 2011

Ant, I actually had this happen when suddenly and I had always been able to use it. I put some acne cream containing this on my face and then went for a walk and the sweat made it run and it felt like it turned my skin to aligator skin, and it was behind my ears and down my neck, the cortisone cream will stop it quickly, you might want to use a mild soap, like dove or just water and a soft washcloth to clean the affected areas as they may be very iriitated and you don't want to irritate them anymore. Get better soon. Patti