What time of day is it best to take Flomax?

My urologist told me (and it is not on the prescription but only verbally) to try to take my 0.4 mg capsule about "1/2 hour or so" after the same meal each day. The same time was the most important part. (I take 5 other pills, all to be taken at bedtime, so, I don't follow his advise always, sadly, as I am not always able to remember. At least I have the same time part down. But, it seems to work just fine.) Hope this helps.

nz_man 28 Oct 2011

It may depend on the side effects. If insomnia is a side effect, then taking it in the morning would be best. Other side effects may be better to have while you are sleeping so in that case taking it in the evening would make sense.

m42orion 29 Oct 2011

I agree with that-if insomnia is a result, then by all means avoid that by taking the medication at another time. The problem I have when reading information about side effects is figuring out the "cause and effect" deterministic result of a particular medication. Is my insomnia a result of, or is it enhanced by, medication X, or is it happenstance? Is the result due to a combination of several drugs, or, am I just having a bad night? The answer I suppose is keeping fairly precise notes over a period of time, and giving it an analysis. Tough to do. So, you pick an approach that seems to work, and stay with it. (A question: How much can we really rely on the list of symptoms included for each medication? Are they real, as no data of number of occurrences or conditions is ever specified. I am on Coreg, and my dosage was recently doubled. Now, I am drowsy a lot, and taking naps-not customary for me. But, is it really a result of Coreg, or, is it related to my approaching--no, flinging-toward 70?)