We have been adding clorox to the toilet and and spraying Clorox Anywhere on the bathroom fixtures following urination of the bcg. What other precautions need to be taken by the patient to disinfect and keep other family members safe, and for how many hours following the bcg treatment should precautions be taken? We have toddlers in our household.
22 Jul 2010
BCG is a live product. In other words, it contains active bacteria that can cause infection. Some bacteria will be present for several hours in urine that you pass after each treatment with BCG. Any urine that you pass during the first 6 hours after each treatment should be disinfected with an equal amount (usually about 1 cup) of undiluted household bleach. After the bleach is added to the urine, it should be allowed to sit for 15 minutes before it is flushed. If you have any questions about this, check with your doctor.
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
1 answer • 22 Sep 2009
I just finished my first course and have to go back for a followup. I was careful with the bacteria. In fact I cleaned toilet area and floor, faucet ...
1 answer • 20 May 2011
Patient is diabetic from 8 years
1 answer • 12 Mar 2013