What pain medicine is prescribed for the pelvic muscle pain that goes along with IC?

hi sharonmhn i have this pelvic muscle(no muscle) pain issue too for years, nothing worked except for lidicane and elmiron inserted into the bladder by the urologists, the only problem is that my relief was for about 2 hours at the most, afterward i was stuck in a bent position or standing in a stiff and awkward position... i am still looking and am awaiting to hear from my new pelvic doctor who deals with interstitial cystitis and pelvic floor issue... good luck to you... vtech10

I think this question should be answered by a Doctor.

Best wishes

I would say an around the clock opiate like kadian (morphine) or dilaudid,fentanyl patdch, and opana just to name a few. Also some meds for breakthrough pain like vicodin or norco. This is considered acute and chronic pain so like i said around the clock opiates would be best for you.