My insurance does not cover Vagifem.
9 Aug 2010
Substitutes to Vagifem:
1. Estrogen alone via a pill (Premarin, Ogen, Estrace or ethinyl estradiol), a cream (Premarin or Dienestrol), or as a transdermal or skin patch (Estraderm or Estracomb).
2. Cyclical therapy: Estrogen taken daily via a pill or via a patch and a separate progesterone pill (such as Provera) for a certain number of days per month.
3. Continuous therapy: Estrogen plus low dose progesterone in one or two pills taken every day.
But please do not change/alter the medication that your doctor has prescribed without first seeking his or her advice, please well & safe!
- Vagifem Information for Consumers
- Vagifem Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Vagifem (detailed)
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
If I have just inserted a vagifem tablet can I have sex an hour later
1 answer • 11 Feb 2010
my pharmacist would not fill my script, had to call doctor and get a replacement for vagifem tabs.
1 answer • 18 Sep 2010
... necessary for me to continue taking the Vagifem if I am mestruating again? Also, I was told by my OBGYN that I need to be on Vagifem for the ...
1 answer • 14 Oct 2010
I have swelling after sex and soreness after the wife used vagifem
2 answers • 28 Dec 2013
I was wondering if there are any women who have tried vagifem and what comments (both good or bad) they have about their experience with it?
2 answers • 29 Jan 2014