My insurance does not cover Vagifem.
9 Aug 2010
Substitutes to Vagifem:
1. Estrogen alone via a pill (Premarin, Ogen, Estrace or ethinyl estradiol), a cream (Premarin or Dienestrol), or as a transdermal or skin patch (Estraderm or Estracomb).
2. Cyclical therapy: Estrogen taken daily via a pill or via a patch and a separate progesterone pill (such as Provera) for a certain number of days per month.
3. Continuous therapy: Estrogen plus low dose progesterone in one or two pills taken every day.
But please do not change/alter the medication that your doctor has prescribed without first seeking his or her advice, please well & safe!
- Vagifem Information for Consumers
- Vagifem Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Vagifem (detailed)
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
If I have just inserted a vagifem tablet can I have sex an hour later
1 answer • 11 Feb 2010
I have only been using Vagifem for 4 days, but my stomach feels achey, a bit like period pain. Is this normal?
2 answers • 6 Mar 2010
... necessary for me to continue taking the Vagifem if I am mestruating again? Also, I was told by my OBGYN that I need to be on Vagifem for the ...
1 answer • 14 Oct 2010
I was using Ovestin but had to change to Vagifem (can't find Ovestin any more... ). The itch is very annoying. It can happen at night (more ...
0 answers • 13 Dec 2011
I have swelling after sex and soreness after the wife used vagifem
2 answers • 28 Dec 2013