What makes the coumadin level go up or down?

i don't know if i can tell you what you want to know. i will tell you this. coumadin is taken to make you blood clot, and when they test your clotting factor, and depending on if they have your blood too thin (in this case you would bleed too much too fast) they have to adjust you coumadin dose. is this what you mean?

WKKCC 6 May 2010

Coumadin keeps your blood from clotting--it is a blood thinner not clotter.

charlyecc 9 May 2010

you are soo right, my mother is on it because her blood clots too much, i said it backwards, glad you caught that. i will try and be more careful guys. sorry again