What kind of mental or mood changes can taking Claritin-D cause?

The "D" in Claritin-D, stands for "Decongestant," and refers to the Pseudoephedrine (Sudafed).Sudafed side effects can be thought of as similar to those of caffeine. Like caffeine, it can cause nervousness, dizziness, and trouble sleeping. Occasionally Claritin-D can cause the opposite effect, fatigue.

Hope that helps!

Just FYI: You must be careful using Claritin-D if you have diabetes, heart disease, an overactive thyroid gland, kidney or liver problems, or an enlarged prostate gland.

Read more: