What is zocor used for?

Zocor (simvastatin) is a cholesterol-lowering medication that blocks the production of cholesterol (a type of fat) in the body.

Zocor reduces low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol and total cholesterol in the blood. Lowering your cholesterol can help prevent heart disease and hardening of the arteries, conditions that can lead to heart attack, stroke, and vascular disease.

http://www.drugs.com/zocor.html

Zocor is used to treat hyperlipidemia, better known as high cholesterol. If you have been diagnosed with high cholesterol it's in your greatest interest to take Zocor if it's prescribed. I take 30 mg of Zocor and I also take 2400 mg of fish oil and my cholesterol levels and triglycerides are amazingly normal!