What is Xigris used to treat?

Treating life-threatening bacterial blood infections in certain adults.

Xigris is similar to a natural protein produced by the body (activated protein C). In patients with severe, life-threatening bacterial infections, Xigris decreases inflammation and the formation of blood clots in blood vessels. It also increases the breakdown of blood clots.

Read more: http://www.drugs.com/cdi/xigris.html#ixzz1278acDl1

For more details please talk to the doc/pharmacist who prescribed the med, take care, be well & safe!

treat for sepsis or septicemia(blood infection)