The published instructions for Androgel say to apply to the abdomen or shoulders, or both. They don't explain the following:
1. why not apply to the back or the chest?
2. whether there is better absorption if the gel is applied over a larger area.
3. why the gel should not be applied to the genital area
4. whether application in proximity to the nipples is more likely to stimulate nipple and breast development that application to other permitted areas.
5. why use of the palm is directed for application, rather than the fingers.
6. how application directly from the pump or satchel to the skin improves absorption (since surely the gel must still be massaged into the skin with the hand)