What is the difference between oxycodone HCL 5 mg and percocets 5 mg?

Both drugs contain the opioid pain reliever oxycodone 5mg but Percocet also contains 325mg of acetaminophen along with the oxycodone. The oxycodone HCL is oxycodone alone.

Kten 11 Jan 2012

Thank you, that is what I thought but I wanted to make sure. The question was asked because od drug screening test I might hsve. I get oxycodone 5 mg prescribed, but wanted to know thast if I took a percocet it would be ok if i had a drug pee test. Now that Iknow this i will not worry about failing a pee test again. Thank you, Kten

tracitropics 30 Apr 2012

Actually, no, sorry your wrong, hcl simply means Hydrochloric Acid which is common in a lot of different prescriptions... oxycodone hcl still has the acetaminophen as well it simply has Hydrochloric Acid (hcl) which is used in prescriptions binded to the drug itself. It helps to overcome digestive acids in the stomach.