What is the difference between nucynta & oxycontin?

Nucynta is considered to have a potency between tramadol and morphine.[3]. Tapentadol is a new molecular entity that is structurally similar to tramadol (Ultram). It has opioid and nonopioid activity in a single compound. So it is like Talwin in that some of it works as a opiate and some of it works against it being a opiate, if that makes any sense.

Oxycontin is a sustained release opiate similar in strength to morphine... Hope this helps

ginamack 2 Apr 2010

Thank you so much for your quick reply. I'm new to this group and am trying to find my way around. My doctor wants to change my medicine from oxycontin and oxycodone to nucynta. I am unsure whther this would be a good move since I don't know much about nucynta, that is until you answered my question and helped me out. Many thanks!

mpvt 2 Apr 2010

Anytime,,Have a good one... Dave