What is the difference between metaxalone and carisoprodol?

Metaxalone is indicated as an adjunct to rest, physical therapy, and other measures for the relief of discomforts associated with acute, painful musculoskeletal conditions. The mode of action of this drug has not been clearly identified, but may be related to its sedative properties. Metaxalone does not directly relax tense skeletal muscles in man.

Carisoprodol is indicated for the relief of discomfort associated with acute, painful musculoskeletal conditions in adults.

Carisoprodol should only be used for short periods (up to two or three weeks) because adequate evidence of effectiveness for more prolonged use has not been established and because acute, painful musculoskeletal conditions are generally of short duration.

However for more accurate info seek advice from a doc/pharmacist, take care & be well & safe!