What is the difference between Lexapro and Lorazepam? Is one stronger than the other?

Jeena,
Lexapro is prescribed general anxiety disorder, panic disorder, and major depressive disorder-it is an antidepressant. Lorazepam is prescribed for anxiety also, but it is used for controlling irritability in psychiatric disorders, insomnia, and alcohol withdrawl-it is a benzo that acts as a sedative. They are both commonly prescribed; however, nore patients complain about bad side effects from Lexapro more than Lorazepam, in my opinion. Hope this helps.