What is the difference between fosamax and actonel?

Fosamax is a medication that is used to treat osteoporosis and Paget's disease. The drug is also licensed to prevent osteoporosis in postmenopausal women. It comes in tablet form; however, a liquid form is also available for those who have difficulty swallowing tablets.

Actonel is commonly used to treat and prevent osteoporosis in postmenopausal women and anyone who has corticosteroid-related osteoporosis. The medication works by slowing down bone loss in the body. Actonel comes in tablet form and is taken daily, weekly, or monthly, depending on various factors.

Hope the info helped? Take care, best wishes!

Actonel and Fosamax are both bisphosphonates. Both drugs work in the same way to prevent bone resorption and increase bone mineral density (BMD). They are used to treat osteoporosis and reduce fractures. Some studies suggest that Fosamax works quicker.
http://www.drugs.com/fosamax.html
http://www.drugs.com/actonel_calcium.html