What is the difference between Entocort EC and just Entocort (without the EC)?

Entocort EC is the only product available in the US. There is an Entocort enema available in other countries.

Entocort EC is the capsule formulation. EC refers to the "enteric coat" on the granules inside the capsule. An enteric coat is designed to dissolve in the non-acidic (high pH) environment of the gastrointestinal tract. This means it passes through the acidic conditions of the stomach intact and dissolves further down where it is needed.