What is the difference between adderall and vyvanse?

From what I understand, Vyvanse is just the new form of Adderall XR. But there are some fairly significant differences between the drugs and how they work. If you google search "vyvanse vs adderall", the link on "" sums it up pretty well. (And there are plenty of other results you can read too.)
But it looks like the biggest difference between them is that Vyvanse is supposed to be longer lasting than Adderall. But go to that site... it's very thorough! :)

Bsteinbrueck 14 Nov 2011

Just to clarify, "Adderall XR" no longer exists. Vyvanse replaced the XR version, NOT Adderall itself.
Does that make sense? Lol

Jefer27 14 Nov 2011

I have ADHD and the adderall 20mg im perscribed aren't XRs tho.. There orange and they look like little footballs.. my doctor wanted me to think about takin 50mg Vyvanse, would they stil have the same affect?