What is the best "meal" to have with geodon?

Anonymous

As far as what goes i dont exactly understand what you would consider a best meal to you? Can you please help me understand what you mean by this?

Debreenaly 23 Aug 2010

My Psychiatrist told me that always eat and then take the Geodin and also it is the best with water and not carbonated beverages or even juices, it can make the medication less affective. Also it doesn/t have to be a gigantic breakfast, eggs bacon and whole works wither. He said it works efficiantly with a protein related food, cereal, even a glass of milk he said but as it is with any medication some people have more weaker staomaches as far as nausea is conerned and it varies on the person to how much or exactly what. that part doesn't matter as long as it is food you eat and then take the medication.

Anonymous

Hi, Ok... Gedeon.

CAN YOU BE MORE SPECIFIC PLEASE? I DO NOT LIKE GUESSING

I AM NOT A DOCTOR... OK

I will try to help you anyway with the VERY LIMITED INFORMATION YOU HAVE PROVIDED US WITH.

Are you asking because you might experience some of the side effects such as heartburn , vomiting or gout? OR HAVE YOU GOUT?

I will go for gout... again from the VERY LIMITED INFORMATION YOU HAVE PROVIDED US WITH.

Gout is caused when levels of uric acid become so high that sharp, needle-like crystals form inside the joint, leading to inflammation. Although there is no one specific cause of gout, there are a number of factors that increase a person's chances of developing gout. These are known as gout risk factors. Some of these RISK FACTORS of gout include:

An increase in the amount of uric acid produced
A decrease in the amount of uric acid removed from the body
A combination of these two factors.

kogh 16 Jul 2010

Geodon is to be taken with a full meal. Due to weight gain concerns and the fact that my daughter does not reap the full benefits-bipolar symptoms not controlled-with the small meals she is used to eating. I am wondering what others who take the med find to be the best meal-lots of complex carbs, lots of protein?? Daughter has used protein shakes with her meals, which kinda helps. One day things are good, the next just awful. mom

Anonymous 16 Jul 2010

Hi,

First of all I am truly sorry about your princess. I am manic depressive, and I hope your princess is not.

You were not specific enough with your question... I am not judging you nor criticizing you, I just want to be able to help.

You are informed well informed.

Give me sometime and I will try and help her, now that I know what the problem is.

Thank you

Anonymous

I found a drink and it's called;
12oz cans of fruit punch

Anonymous 17 Jul 2010

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMfruit punch lovin it bucky!

I inquired about this when Geodon was first prescribed to me three months ago for Bipolar disorder. I was hospitalized at the time and the importance of eating before taking it was stressed at each scheduled dose, in that I was directly asked if and how much I had eaten. Geodon was given to me after the morning meal and evening meals daily. My normal practice is to disregard "take with food" labels, yet it was clear to me that Geodon was of note on this point. I sought clarity from my Doctor who explained to me that in order for the medication to work effectively, a minimum of 350 calories must be ingested. Absent this, the drug cannot "activate" within the body. Thus, rather than the type of food, it is the proper caloric intake that is relevant, prior to taking each dosage of Geodon.

I take one about 3 pm with a small meal (500 calories or less) (80 mg) and the other pill at dinner.(40 mg) I have found this to be the easiest way to wake up in the am for me.

I just started 80mg geodon daily (used to take it years ago), and my new doc advised me to eat at least 300 calories of protein at dinner with my 80 mg pill.