What is doxycycline hyclate used for?

Doxycycline is a tetracycline antibiotic. It works by slowing the growth of bacteria in the body.

Doxycycline is used to treat many different bacterial infections, such as urinary tract infections, acne, gonorrhea, and chlamydia, periodontitis (gum disease), and others. Doxycycline is also used to treat blemishes, bumps, and acne-like lesions caused by rosacea. It will not treat facial redness caused by rosacea. Doxycycline may be used in combination with other medicines to treat certain amoeba infections.

http://www.drugs.com/doxycycline.html