What is difference between pharyngitis & laryngitis? Can reflux or gum disease cause this infection?

Anonymous

Hi, no reflux nor gum disease are the cause of the infection.

Pharyngitisis an inflammation of the throat or pharynx.In most cases it is painful and the initial infection can extend for a lengthy time period. It is the most common cause of a sore throat.

Laryngitis is an inflammation of the larynx. It causes hoarse voice or the complete loss of the voice because of irritation to the vocal folds (vocal cords). Dysphonia is the medical term for a vocal disorder, of which laryngitis is one cause.

Take care