What is contraindications of Thiazide diuretics?

Important information about hydrochlorothiazide

Do not use this medication if you are allergic to hydrochlorothiazide or if you are unable to urinate.

Before using this medication, tell your doctor if you have liver disease, kidney disease, asthma or allergies, gout, diabetes, or if you are allergic to sulfa drugs.

Avoid drinking alcohol, which can increase some of the side effects of hydrochlorothiazide.

Avoid becoming overheated or dehydrated during exercise and in hot weather. Follow your doctor's instructions about the type and amount of liquids you should drink. In some cases, drinking too much liquid can be as unsafe as not drinking enough.