What is Collagenase " Santyl For legs" its a Ointment 250 units/g

It is a preparation for debrinding wounds or burns. It helps get rid of dead tissue. It contains an enzyme that does this. When you clean the wound you need to flush it well and take a gauze pad moistened with the cleaning solution and gently rub the wound bed with the gauze pad to help remove the detritus cellular matter removed by the enzymes. Once all the necrotic or dead tissue has been removed then the ointment is to be discontinued.