What is best Thyroid (Hypothyroidism) medication for weight loss?

Have you discussed your weight gain concern with your endocrinologist or whoever is prescribing your mrdication. This is a issue that your doctor needs to give you advice on. I do not know for sure but I believe when you are on the roght dose of medication your weight should not be effected by the medication. I hope this helps a little and I wish you the best of luck I know how frustrating it is to get one thing fixed and have another problem come up. Good Luck I hope you get this problem resolved soon Barb

barbles2413 18 Feb 2010

I am sorry I am tired and getting punchy I meant to say your weight concern.
I guess I am confused as to wether you are or are not taking a thyroid medication. Please let me know in the comment section if infact you are taking a medication Thanks Barb

Anonymous 18 Feb 2010

I am taking the same medication for hypothyroidism. I also take 2 Welbutrin one in am & one in pm. (for weight loss). This supresses my appetite and I can maintain my proper weight. This medication is perscribed by my physician.