What if you suspect you are pregnant, and you are taking ortho cyclen?

Anonymous

Go get a couple of pregnancy tests and take them when it says on the directions that you can check to see if you are pregnant. The mother's body will shield the baby for a few weeks, it is at least 7 weeks if I remember correctly, and the baby won't receive any of the medication because it is not feeding off the mother yet for that time period. There are alot of babys born whose mothers took the pill and were pregnant at the same time and the important thing is to find out and get off the pill if you are pregnant. I would have a doctor run a blood test to be sure, but, the baby should be fine for at least a small block of time.